12 Week "Diabetes Turning Point" Program
Hope For Reversing Your Diabetes
What Will You Discover In This 12 Week Program?
All the information is put into an easy to follow system that you follow one week at a time. Below is a checklist of all the things you will learn how to do and accomplishments you may achieve.
- Lose 20 - 50 pounds of fat so you can fit into that smaller dress size or pant size that's been hanging in your closet for years. What an incredible feeling that will be!
- Learn the habits of thin people, so you can keep weight off and not gain it back!
- Increase your energy by 60 - 80%, so you can feel better than you've felt in years, feel alive again to enjoy life!
- Enjoy playing with your grandchildren without being so exhausted. You can be confident that you will be around to watch them grow.
- Reduce having to prick yourself to check your blood sugar several times a day, no more pain, buying expensive lancets or test strips - you may never have to prick yourself again.
- Never have to worry about amputation or being stuck in a wheelchair, so you will always have your ability to walk on your own two feet, and have independence for the rest of your life.
- Control your blood sugar and make yourself not only feel better, but feel better about yourself and your life.
- Eat a diet that counteracts diabetes, so that you lower risk for kidney failure, and never have to succumb to the dialysis machine.
- Eat the foods that will also lower cholesterol and triglycerides, so you can reduce your risk for heart attack and stroke, no hospital stays or expenses.
- Have improved vision, decrease your risk of blindness, and be able to watch your grandchildren grow - drive them around and NOT have your car and driver's license taken away from you.
- Discover how digestion can cause blood sugar spikes, and by correcting this one thing you will get rid of acid reflux and decrease your risk for esophagus cancer.
- Exercise the quickest easiest way, AND keep your blood sugar stable!
- Burn fat even while you sleep, so you look good even to yourself when you look in the mirror.
- Get your nagging spouse off your back, so that they don't worry so much, and you are not a burden to them in the future.
- Cut your list of medications so you can let go of the fear of running out of your medications and having to go to the medical doctor all the time for refills, use that time instead for something or someone you love.
- Get a good night's sleep, every night, to increase energy and feel like you want to do things in life.
- Feel like your normal self again, how you know yourself to be, and be able to enjoy being with your friends, family, where you volunteer, and especially your grandchildren.
- Perform better at work and in the bedroom, so your spouse raves about you and how they have their spouse back, have a better relationship than you have had in years.
- Gain self confidence, self respect, the respect of your peers and the respect of your medical doctor because you took charge of your health.
- Enjoy spending time volunteering at your favorite organization, making a difference in the world, or leaving a legacy for the people you love and care about.
- Learn how to stop insulin surges to get control of your blood sugar without pills or shots.
- Identify and remove the foods that cause inflammation from your diet.
- Stop insulin shots in their tracks!
Diabetes is a debilitating disease because of the countless complications it can cause when not properly managed.
Diabetes can cause issues with your circulation, eyes, gum health, kidneys, and heart, to name a few. Severe complications can even lead to heart attacks, stroke, blindness, losing your legs or arms, and kidney failure. It’s hard to know where to start and, unfortunately, traditional medicine is trained to treat Diabetes with medication. Some clients express that they feel trapped, because these medications often leave them feeling worse.
Type 1 Diabetes clients have to inject insulin for the rest of their lives because their bodies don’t make it anymore. As a Type 2 Diabetic you actually have power over the situation, and you also need to be proactive about your blood sugar level to avoid becoming dependent on insulin shots - Double Diabetes. That said, clients with Type 2 Diabetes can control their diabetes and often reverse it.
How is this program different from everything else out there?
No other program covers the specific actions that affect blood sugar and the tools that improve your health.
- This program helps you discover the root causes of why you have blood sugar issues AND guides you on what to do to take control of those causes.
- Through this program you are taught how to track your progress in ALL the aspects of your health, not just tracking your blood sugar. Including body fat percentage, hormones and symptoms of your total health.
- You will learn what the lab tests are testing for, and more importantly what to DO about it naturally if your lab tests are out of range.
- You have access to the information online, making it easy and convenient to fit into your lifestyle. It only takes less than two hours per week online.
- It is interactive with one of our "Accountability Partners" by phone each week so you can ask questions and get help when you need it.
- Updates are added regularly as new scientific information is available.
- We have a membership site to help support you when your program is done to help you keep up the good results you have achieved and have easy access to the new discoveries about health.
- This program is more than just a book, it is an online curriculum that teaches you how to increase your health!
How do you achieve those great results using this program?
The best results are achieved by following the system step-by-step, each week at a time, each new habit at a time.
“I thought that my health was in good shape; however, it was really somewhere between fair and poor before I started the program.
I have been on the program one and half months (1.5) and my health is improving daily. My health is now in the GOOD range and gets better daily. I have been able to stop over half of my prescription medicine and am eating much healthier foods/diet than I have in my life.
My biggest health success so far: I found a program that understands my body and its challenges. This has allowed me to begin the changes for a healthier life style and renewed health. Thank you for teaching me how to get my life back and to live longer!”
Tito K Age 60 Allen, TX
Who is this program best suited for?
This 12 week "Turning Point Program" is perfect for you if you(r):
- Have been told you are Pre-Diabetic or Type 2 Diabetic.
- Have been told by your medical doctor to watch your diet and do some exercise.
- Doctor didn't tell you what to do to lose weight or what kind of diet or exercise is best for you.
- Need to lose 20-50 lbs.
- Are grumpy or cranky around meal time.
- Have tried other plans that had little to no success and you are not sure what to do next.
- Are concerned about the scary complications of Type 2 Diabetes: heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, blindness, amputation, or diabetic neuropathy.
- Already have open sores on your feet or legs that won't heal or you've had toes amputated.
- Not sleeping well - can't fall asleep, wake up and can't go back to sleep, or getting up multiple times the night to pee.
- Don't want to end up like your aging parents with their health issues.
- Fear that you will have to take diabetes medications or insulin shots
- Are taking blood sugar medications or shots.
- Tired of making sure that you have your meds and when you have to get refills
- Have been feeling isolated and unmotivated to do the things you used to enjoy
- Find your energy levels have decreased .
- Want to enjoy playing with your grandchildren without being so exhausted.
- Notice a loss of quality of life and zest for life.
- Want to feel like your normal self again.
- Want to maintain a certain level of health for as long as possible and you know that to achieve that level of health you must get better control of your blood sugar.
If, while you were reading through this list, you realized that you’ve experienced more than one of these fears or needs, you must start this program immediately!
This program is not for you if you(r):
- Don't have a blood sugar issue.
- Are not willing to take responsibility for your health.
- Are un-coachable or don't want to be told what to do.
- Don't need to lose weight, are sleeping well, and have lots of energy
- MD says you are in perfect health and you don't need any medications of any kind.
Now I ask you a question: Are you ready to take action?
You have a choice to make regarding your health.
We have talked about the complications of Diabetes and I am asking you clearly: Do you want to end up overmedicated taking pills and shots? Do you want your Diabetes to progress to the point that you can't move because you are too fat and winded, and have too much pain and stiffness? Do you want to lose the feeling in your feet, have no libido, and run the risk of a stroke, amputation, heart attack, or being hooked up to a dialysis machine? If you don't start taking care of yourself now you will wind up not looking attractive to anyone - including to yourself; you won't be able to get around because you are in a wheelchair, you won't be able to see anyone because you will be blind and wii have lost the ability to drive and be independent. All of your money will go to pay medical bills. Eventually you will be stuck in a bed in a long term care facility where no one comes to visit; and after a long painful stay, you will end up dying alone with only a few people at your funeral and they are glad you are dead because you are no longer a burden to them and they no longer have to feel guilty about not visiting you. Do you want that?
Or would you rather . . .
Eat the right foods, do the right exercise, have weight come off without much effort, and control your blood sugar, so you won't and not have to take medication or have any serious health issues (heart attack, stroke, blindness, amputation, kidney failure) and you will have energy for your whole life, living to a fulfilled ripe old age with all your faculties, and die in your sleep without pain having everyone you love around you. So you can say "I love you" one last time?
The choice is yours. It’s up to you to take the next step.
Craig was glad he did . . .
I went to a new endocrinologist in Dallas and she said that I needed insulin, and that I needed to give myself a needle every day. I didn't want to get the needle. About a month later I got a card in the mail from Dr. Shwaluk about diabetes. So I went and it seemed like a lot of money. I understand that we get a lot of information and everything else and I understand that there needs to be a profit - I'm an accountant.
I felt that I needed to at least give it a try.
When I first started my curriculum with Dr. Shwaluk . . .
my A1c was 9.8
Triglycerides were 500
I needed to lose 70 lbs
I was taking 9 pills a day and 65 units of insulin
Seven months later . . .
My A1c is 5.0
I'm 70 lbs lighter
Triglycerides are at 160
now I'm taking 3 pills a day and 6 units of insulin
The whole plan and lifestyle change has really been tremendous.
Dr. Shwaluk, I couldn't have done it without you!
More Quotes From the "Turning Point Program" Participants . . .
This is what Debra said:
My husband saw Dr. Shwaluk's ad in the newspaper several months ago. I was feeling very sluggish, not much energy, and having stomach cramps. I've had 2 knee implants 2 years previously, thyroid was an issue and Barrett's esophagus. I was taking a lot of medications!
We have a 10 year old daughter, and I need energy for her and also my work - I work with babies - And to keep up with my husband.
I want to tell you that my gratitude goes deeply to my husband and deeply to Dr. Shwaluk. I was a little skeptical at first. I thought, "do we really have to do all these things . . . this whole process?"
I really prayed about it. I said, "Lord, you have given me this mind, body and spirit to glorify you and if this is part of the route where I can glorify you the most then I'm going to run with it. So, we went to the seminar, and once we met Dr. Shwaluk and started looking at the details of what we needed to do there was no question.
Now I'm only taking one medication for my thyroid once a day. I've lost 3 dress sizes. I have more energy.
We look forward to going to the grocery store. Our daughter is even asking "Mommy can I have some of that baby spinach?" Its been really great to see her make some of those choices to help her body mind and spirit to work better.
Its been a great journey and a real celebration. It's been a change in lifestyle and I'm thankful to God. I have a lot of joy in my heart about it!
Donovan also got a lot out of this program . . .
One of the reasons why I went through the program was for my grandkids. I wanted to make sure I was around to see my grandkids grow up and so I could play with them.
I kept myself in pretty good shape, but I had gained some weight. I realized that over the years I needed someone to guide me to eat the correct way.
I was really impressed when I went to Dr Shwaluk's seminar. One of the things I enjoyed with her is, you know when you get your physical every year they take your blood test and everything, but the blood work that Dr. Shwaluk did found a lot of little things that I didn't even know about. We sat down and we went through the program and I tell you what . . . this is the best I've felt in I can't say 20 years cause I don't know how I felt 20 years ago, but I do know that I'm feeling really good right now.
I signed up to do the program with her and I lost 28 pounds, my health is great, I can move around a lot better, I'm not tired like I used to be, I learned a lot and I got to my goal. Even though there are times I veer away from the diet I get right back on track as quickly as possible. I don't want to gain a pound.
Dr. Shwaluk I'm going to tell you that you are one of the best things that ever happened to me and to join your program was one of the best things I've ever done. Thank you for everything you have done for me.
All you people who are here who are thinking about joining the program, really look into it, it will do a lot for you!
Fred and Evelyne did too . . .
Dr. Shwaluk came and spoke at our service club, and she really brought home the message about diabetes and how it can affect life. Evelyne is diabetic and my diabetes was getting out of control my A1c was climbing to above 8 and they told me I was going to have to take insulin. I didn't want to have to do insulin!
I came to a point where I knew that if I was going to have to start taking insulin my health was going to go down, or I could start taking care of myself and do this program to be on another path.
We were very diligent wit h our program and it paid off . . .
My A1c is now 6, I've lost weight and still have a ways to go, but now I'm only taking medication for blood pressure.
The program definitely works. It was like jumping into a swimming pool, you either jump or don't jump. You just have to choose. We did it and are so glad we did it. Its been a great journey. I wish that when I was 30 years old someone would have told me what to do rather than when I was 60. It would have been so much easier.
Greta and Chris
My name is Greta and I joined Dr. Laura's program because I felt so young before. I had a daughter then all of a sudden I felt super super old and tired. Tired, tired, tired. I couldn't understand why I didn't want to do things with my daughter. I would get half way through the day and be exhausted then go nap for basically the rest of the day. One day I just couldn't do it anymore. During the year I went through two miscarriages which put me through the roof with depression causing me again to just feel more tired and not wanting to do anything.
So, I went to my regular doctor and they found pre-diabetic sugar numbers and that was shocking to me because I never had any sugar issues and it does not run in my family either. That was eye opening for me and they tried to talk me into doing diets and stuff and I could not understand why. I am young, not over-weight, I eat okay. I did not want to go on medications, which they put me on and after three months I was not seeing results so I was frustrated. I said I just need to see an outcome, an answer to why I have been feeling this way.
That is when I got the flyer from Dr. Laura in the mail and I just went to the seminar and it was eye opening. I was willing to try anything, so my husband and I went to a consultation. He was more skeptical, I was just wanting a solution to get me off medication and just to make me feel better. I went through the program and I am just so happy. I have lost weight, I glow, I am myself again, I am not tired anymore, it is just amazing. My life is back! At 37 I never thought that I would say I felt so old before and I am happy now. Thank you.
Chris . . .
My wife is Greta and she entered the program. You have heard her story a nd it is emotional for me because it was true. At home she wasn't the same person that I had married. It was difficult to see her go through that. When she was going to the doctor she told me she didn't want to take medicine and I just thought that is kind of what you do, right? Go to the doctor and you follow whatever they tell you to do you do. So she got this flyer and we went to Dr. Shwaluk and it is true I was more skeptical about the program, but after going and seeing people coming off of medications and giving their testimonies at the seminar it was very impactful.
So Greta said she needed my support through this and I said I would support her, no big deal. I will tell you what, that detox is killer. It is really really hard, but if you get through that first week it's up hill. I lost 25 pounds supporting her. Before I was working out, thought I was eating right, but I just always stayed the same weight. So to watch the pounds come off still doing the exercises it was incredible. I did before this program I did an experiment on myself I went to the doctor and my cholesterol was in the mid 200's and it came down after we did the diet to 168.
The program was good for me and for our family. I have benefitted from it and I think it is a great program. I just got to stick to it now.
I was taking a lot of medications and I had determined that I had to see a doctor or do something to get off of some of those medications. I attended a seminar of Dr. Shwaluk's and ultimately joined into her program and all of her directions have been just great for me.
When I came to her I had some real health issues, but all of those have cleared up for me. I've lost weight, I've reversed my type 2 diabetes, I'm off of most of my medications.
I can't say nothing but good about the program.
John and Ellen
"I want to share two quotes with you that really sum up what Dr. Laura is about and what Ellen has done. One of them is, "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results".
My wife had been diagnosed as a diabetic but 10 years ago and every time she would go to see the doctor they would do the blood tests and she (Ellen) would come back and say, "well my A1C went up a little bit and so did the number of pills or size of pills that I need to take." Her A1C had reached a point that it was 7.3 at the time we met Dr. Laura.
Ellen had gotten an invitation and I (John) quite honestly thought Dr. Laura was a snake oil salesman, but I dearly love my wife and if she thought that it could help or there was even the slightest chance that it could I would support her in that.
So we went to one of the free seminars and when we finished I asked Ellen if that is what she wanted to do, and she said she would. Regarding Dr. Laura and her claims, that is where I come to the second quote I wanted to share with you, "It ain't bragging if you can do it."
Dr. Laura did what she said she would do. Ellen's A1C number dropped from 7.3 to the 6's and now it is at 5.5. It never once went down when we were going just to the doctor, only since we met Dr. Laura. I (John) used to own a vending company so we had shelves of candy in my den and as we came home from the first visit with Dr. Laura when we said we were going to do this, Ellen that evening said, "I'd really like a bag of M&M's" and I said, "You can like one all you want you aren't going to get one". The next day I took all that candy and put it in a bag then took it to the food bank that my church supports. Ellen you are wonderful and she has done amazing things. She has lost weight, gained energy, her health is better, and we are now being told she is no longer in danger of the devastating side affects of diabetes.
Dr. Laura, thank you and it truly ain't bragging because you can do it!
Leuvenia . . .
I sat through the presentation, and it was no big deal. I said, "I know I am going to do this program because nothing else has ever worked for me, ever in life."
I have always been overweight. My mother says, "you were my biggest baby". So I just came to the conclusion, I am never going to get rid of this weight. You know how you say
"I will just be satisfied that I am not going to get any bigger and that's it."
I had been going to doctors and they kept telling me my A1C is climbing up and up and I'm like, "I don't know what to do about that". I was already not eating much on a daily basis as far as calories and such, so I didn't know what to do. So I saw Dr. Shwaluk and all of us are very thankful that she is doing what she is doing because a lot of doctors are not here to tell you this information.
My accomplishments are . . .
I am no longer a borderline diabetic
I had some high blood pressure issues that are resolved as well
we are still working on digestive function, but it is a whole lot better
I have lost 65 pounds in this program.
I found out from Dr. Laura that I had a food sensitivity, and as soon as I stopped that food the weight just started falling off.
When I first started with the program, I was feeling like I was having a mental breakdown so to speak. It had started 6 months earlier and was progressively getting worse. I was having trouble with memory, the ability to do recall, and just daily stuff that most people would think was pretty normal.
It was difficult to get through work, have conversations with people, I felt a run down like my energy level was an empty tank and Iwas really stressed.
I felt very depressed and couldn't figure out what was happening to me. The depression was really high, I would rate it at about an 8 out of 10. I've got 3 young boys and I've got to keep up with them.
The program was great, we didn't have any trouble with the detox. For me it was kind of fun cause it was something different to do and just doing that alone I felt a ton better. Getting my supplements and being monitored by Dr. Shwaluk has also really helped.
Now the mental clarity and the ability to cope with stress in different situations I face with at work is so much better. I have a very stressful job. The depression now I would rate at zero to one out of ten.
My energy level is easily 90% better or even higher.
My wife and I did the program together as she has her own health issues.
What I would say to someone entering the program is to have an open mind. There is a lot that we think we understand about the human body that we are told via the different news outlets and the health magazines. However there are things that you may need to relearn that were not correct. Having Dr. Shwaluk help in the process made it so powerful.